Instructional Design Specialist
SUPERVISOR: SVP, Curriculum
The Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for the redesign of Calvert’s digital math curriculum to align with Calvert’s new strategic direction for virtual schools curricula. The focus is on math for K-8 with more extensive work to be done in Kindergarten. This is a Contract position for 4 months, working approximately 40 hours per week, which could then possibly transition from a contract to a fulltime position. This position will work out of our office in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and quality assurance of new instructional material both for online and print delivery in K-8 Math
- Develop and maintain curriculum compliance documentation for alignment to state and national standards
- Write, review, and revise curriculum, lessons, assessments, and projects to align to Calvert’s curriculum framework and standards
- Supervise vendors charged with developing Math lesson materials and assessments
- Collaborate and communicate with other Calvert departments to ensure consistent and accurate messaging about program offerings
- Comfortable with managing work flow and moving it forward while partnering with various departments to address complex issues
- Knowledge of national and state education standards in Math
Knowledge of state-of-the art educational strategies for teaching Math in grades K-8 with particular emphasis on Kindergarten
- Knowledge of instructional design techniques for online learning
Education and/or Experience:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. or Masters with relevant experience in one or more of the following fields: teaching, curriculum and instruction, learning sciences, or instructional design
- At least five years teaching experience with a strong content background in Math
- Teaching experience in Elementary and Middle grades is preferred
- Familiar with student-centered instructional approaches in Math
- Familiar with popular K-8 Math curricula
- Five years of curriculum development or instructional design experience (preferred)
- Experience with developing online instruction for students in K-8 and online/offline blended teaching (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience keeping projects organized and on schedule
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume.
Calvert Education Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.