Business Facts

Calvert Business Facts

About 50 percent of courses sold go to families, while the remaining 50 percent goes to groups (public, private, charter, cyber or virtual, or international schools). About 90 percent of courses are shipped domestically, and the remaining 10 percent goes to a wide range of countries. Calvert ships courses to every continent except Antarctica.

States with High Homeschooling Numbers:

Alaska, California, Florida, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia

Countries with High Homeschooling Numbers:

Brazil, Canada, Mozambique, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Taiwan

  • Calvert serves about 180 public, private, cyber or virtual, or international schools. Schools using the Calvert program, which can include teacher training, are located as close as Pennsylvania and as far away as Taiwan, the Philippines, and Mozambique.
  • Calvert School created the Calvert Math series, featuring colorful graphics, real-world problem-solving lessons, and workbook activities for students in Kindergarten through Grade 8.
  • Calvert School employs about 80 full-time equivalent employees.
  • Calvert School has authored and published over 140 manuals and over 50 books that are used in its courses.
  • Calvert School averages about 5,000 calls per month from people seeking information, catalogs, ordering, etc. Others place orders using the Calvert School website.
  • A total of 13.7 million hits and 478,500 visitors are logged annually at Calvert’s website.
  • The Calvert School’s warehouse provides 46,851 square feet of space for the storage of all materials shipped to students.
  • The warehouse also houses the Calvert School Bindery, where all printed materials are punched and bound. Between 7,500 and 10,000 books a week are punched and bound. The two-person bindery crew bound more than 12,000 books in a record week.
  • The warehouse, which ships within 24 hours of receipt of an order, ships almost 30,000 courses to families and groups in the U.S. and abroad each year.
  • During a typical day (October–May), the warehouse ships about 125 packages. During the busy season (June–September), when most families are ordering their new curriculum, the warehouse processes an average of 550 to 700 orders a day.