The Calvert Curriculum
A Tradition of Educational Excellence
For more than one hundred years, Calvert Education has provided families with the rigorous curriculum and detailed instructional support needed to successfully educate their children at home. Our educators and curriculum specialists have worked continuously to improve that curriculum. Today, our program:
- Empowers parents with the tools and support needed to become their children’s best teachers.
- Provides students with the foundational knowledge needed to succeed in school, life, and career.
- Inspires students’ intellectual curiosity and deepens their understanding through active, project-based learning.
- Provides families around the world with access to a comprehensive PreK–12 homeschool education.
Calvert is the recognized world standard for excellence in homeschooling.
Explore the Calvert Difference
Discover programs and resources to serve your students’ individual needs
Calvert PLUS: Our Framework for Student Success
At Calvert, we know that students learn best when fully-engaged. Based on decades of experience, feedback from our homeschool families, and the latest education research, our proprietary instructional approach incorporates active, project-based learning throughout our K–8 curriculum.
Using this Calvert PLUS framework, our coursework challenges students to:
- Complete Projects that are tailored to their interests and require them to apply what they’ve learned. Rather than asking “Why do I need to know this?” our students “see” how coursework applies to their world. In fact, many of the projects included in our homeschool curriculum are vetted by Calvert students.
- Learn actively through a student-centered approach that encourages students to think for themselves.
- Use what they’ve learned in assessments that demonstrate their mastery of the material at the end of every lesson.
- Showcase what they’ve learned in ways that allow them to experience the utility of learning. Closing the “learning loop,” they’ll apply their knowledge in meaningful ways to make progress and/or complete projects.